When your closet looks like this:
You should realize it’s time to:
In a few words: you need to organize your closet! It’s not an easy thing to do, but you should do it once in a while in order to keep the clothing and footwear you really use, toss the one that cannot be worn anymore and donate the one that can still be used but you don’t like anymore. And there are various methods to organize your closet in order to keep it this way on the long term.
- Arrange it on colors. This way you will find easily everything you need without making a lot of mess. Do the same with the shoes and you will have perfect order that is hard to ruin, unless you mix the colors when you are out of time. And thanks to this method you will be able to dress at least in the same color if not appropriately assorted even with your eyes closed!
- Organize your clothing according to the fabric they are made of and do the same with your shoes. Don’t mix wool with silk or leather with satin, but keep each separately.
- Separate the clothes (and shoes) according to where you wear them. This means you shouldn’t mix jeans with summer dresses or stilletos with flats.
- Organizing you clothing and shoes according to the season is another good idea because it clearly doesn’t make any sense keeping bathing suits in the same place you have your boots, right? Put aside those you will not wear in the months to come and leave at hand those that are appropriate right now.
And of course, there are some things you should take into consideration when reorganizing your close in the manner you most like. There are things you should have or buy if you don’t have:
- hangers – enough for all your clothes;
- at least one shoe organizer to make sure you have room for all your shoes;
- boxes to keep all sort of trinkets or accessories;
- space bags for your voluminous clothing.
Once you have all you need, get to work, but remember that your purpose is to organize your closet and make room for the new stuff you will buy in time. So keep only what you are sure you will wear and donate the things that may be useful to others. With clothing and footwear that is torn apart or broke, you cannot do anything, so trow them away.